The Vault Version 2.7 - Release Notes
Version 2.7 adds support for iOS6 and iPhone 5.
The Vault Version 2.6 - Release Notes
Version 2.6 is a bug fix release.
- A bug which displayed the Mini Webserver IP address incorrectly was fixed.
- A number of minor IOS 5.0 incompatibilities were corrected.
- A minor appearance issue was fixed.
The Vault Version 2.5 - Release Notes
Version 2.5 adds support for iOS 4.
This version improves the appearance of The Vault on iPhone 4 devices and
corrects a problem which did not allow the application to properly lock
on iOS 4 devices.
The Vault Version 2.4 - Release Notes
Version 2.4 corrects a security issue for users of iOS4.
To ensure good security, version 2.4 of The Vault has been changed so that it will
correctly lock the application when an iOS4 user switches to a different application,
preventing inadvertant disclosure of secret data.
The Vault Version 2.3 - Release Notes
Version 2.3 is a bugfix release.
A potential bug has been corrected which caused an incorrect display of
the web URL used in the Export feature. In addition, a number of calls to
deprecated methods have been removed and other code cleanup changes have been made.
The Vault Version 2.2 - Release Notes
Version 2.2 is a bugfix release.
A bug has surfaced when using the Vault under iPhone OS 3.1. It causes
an error when loading the data file. Version 2.2 corrects the bug.
We recommend installing Version 2.2 before installing iPhone OS 3.1, to
avoid any disruption in accessing your data, however installation of version 2.2
may be done after installing iPhone OS 3.1, if necessary.
The Vault Version 2.1 - Release Notes
Version 2.1 is a bugfix release.
Under certain circumstances, when viewing the secrets via a Web Browser,
the wrong item would be displayed when attempting to view an individual item.
This has been corrected.
The Vault Version 2.0 - Release Notes
Version 2.0 adds a significant number of new features to The Vault.
The most significant new feature is the addition of a mini-webserver to
The Vault. This allows the user to connect his or her computer to the
iPhone or iPod touch via a Wifi network connection and view or download the
data stored in The Vault. This mini-webserver feature is very secure,
as it uses the industry standard HTTPS secure protocol to protect all network
communications. Again, for security reasons, this mini-webserver feature is
only enabled when the user desires, and requires the use of a one-time password
to allow the connection. This allows the data stored by The Vault to be
backed up on the user's computer, without the need of any proprietary application
installed on the computer.
The Vault now has a settings page which allows the user to control
- The (unassigned) group is shown or hidden.
- The main password is completely shown while typing, or only the last character
typed is visible.
- The export password is DualCase or lower case only.
- The keyboard auto-correction feature is enabled during entry of the
Notes field in a secret.
- The keyboard auto-capitalization feature is enabled during entry of the
Notes field in a secret.
- In addition, a number of improvements have been made to increase
the ease of use and improve the appearance of various screens.
The Vault Version 1.1 - Release Notes
Version 1.1 of The Vault has been released.
This is a bug-fix release. Additional features are coming in version 2.0.
The bugs that have been fixed in release 1.1 are...
- Several memory leaks have been found and corrected.,
- Tapping the Note detail entry was difficult due to it's placement at the very bottom
of the screen, close to the Tool bar. Space has been added after the note item which
allows the screen to scroll up farther, making it easier to tap on the note item.
- A serious data corruption problem which could destroy the data file has been found
and fixed. This occurred when a password was entered incorrectly, and the program
was terminated (via interruption by a phone call, or via the Home button) before a
correct password was entered.
- The keyboard did not appear automatically when attempting to enter or edit a Note.